Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lucky Country

I know that we live in the "lucky" country but sometimes it can be a harsh country too.  We all watched in horror as the water swept away houses, cars and people in Queensland then the hurricane winds further north and then the creeping spreading floods in Victoria.  I sat in my comfortable home or in my well stocked sewing room and tried to imagine what it would feel like if it was all just gone in the blink of an eye.


I started sewing.  I made needlebooks every night and then with a dedicated team of helpers at work we have spent the last four Saturdays making up sewing kits for the ladies in those devastated areas who have lost all their supplies.  They will be posted in the next couple of days to a collection point in Queensland to be distributed in the coming weeks.  I want to give a big THANK YOU to Jill, Judy, Sue, Simone and Maxine.  We made caddy's to go on the arm of a couch, needlebooks and pin cushions to go in drawstring bags with some scissors, pins, embroidery threads and needles.  It isn't much but if the sewing kits give some comfort it is worth every minute we spent sewing.  We just wanted to let them know we care.

Till Next Time,

Therese and Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment