Monday, April 11, 2011

Haven't we been here before?

Hello, long time no post!

I have been moaning about the lack of projects that I would like to make in the magazines, so I decided to do something about it.  I put the thought out there that we would love to do a project and what happens?  Two different magazines want projects! 

Jenine and I said that we could assist one magazine that needed a specific project in a hurry.  So off we went, cutting, sewing, more cutting, more sewing.  We loved the project.  So much so, that we didn't want to give it away!  So, back to the drawing board.

Jenine and I are still working on the original quilt, but another design needed to be done and quickly - we only had a week to go before it was to be finished.  Could we do it?  Yes, we could. 

Over a weekend, Therese and I sat and sewed our little hearts out - my fingers were sore from all the blanket stitching we did.  Therese put the top together and quilted it over a couple of days, I did the binding and it was done.  Did we like it?  At the start, no!  But by the end we were very happywith it.  The magazine love it and will be using it as a project later this year.  Keep an eye out for more details (I promise to keep up with the blog!).


Sneak preview of applique blocks!

What do you think?  Cute, hey?






Till next time,

Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment