Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Spirit

It is hard to believe that it is only a couple of days to Christmas Day.  There has been so much to organise for next year that I have given very little thought to the Festive Season.  But I know as long as I have family there to share a special meal and spend some time together which is what is happening what more do I really need.  It will be more than many people have at this time of the year so I intend to count my blessings every day. In some ways to have spent lots of money on things none of us really need would have felt wrong somehow.

We had our shop Cristmas get-together last Sunday and exchanged Kris Kringle gifts.They have to be hand made and we have all year to make them.  I had mine done by June because I know how frantic things can be at this time of the year.  Some people were still stitching the night before and some are not quite finished but will be by the end of the week and are worth waiting for.

I enjoyed making my gift so much I am planning on hand making all my gifts for next year.  So on New Years Day I will be making my gift list and starting the stitching in January.

Natasha and I would like to wish all our Blog readers and followers "A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year for 2012".



We wanted to show you a couple of photos of our free pattern made by Sandra. The top is finished and she is planning on having it quilted by next Christmas.  I love the applique she has added in the middle.  This quilt looks so festive and yet she has only used a couple of scraps of actual Christmas fabric. It is gorgeous and the photos really don't do it justice.






Happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment