Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sand Dune

Who remembers Sandcastle fabric? 

It was fabulous for bags and stitcheries because it was a thick and had a  weave that looked like it was quilted.  Sadly the company that produced it went out of business several years ago.  The good news is that there is a nearly identical product called Sand Dune available now.  It is $30.00 per metre but is 47" or 1.2m wide. 

 I have been using it to make a bag over the last few days and I am at the lining and putting together stage.  I have appliqued on the side panels, the front and on the pocket which will go on the back.  It has been really nice to stitch on as it is very stable.
I am planning on sewing tomorrow to get it finished.

Till next time,

Happy stitching from Therese.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Therese, it was lovely to meet you at the Kew quilt show last weekend. We were the group of 5 that came to see the "free" quilt as displayed by Charlie and we admired the bag that you were making.
    We are keen to attempt that project but we will see what happens. I hope that you post about the finished bag - it really was looking very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Therese,
    I think I will be ordering some of the Sand Dune fabric fairly soon. I have been looking for the Sandcastle fabric to finish some curtain tiebacks that I had planned to make some time ago, with Michele Hill style applique on them. I'm so pleased to have found your site.
    Shaaryn

    ReplyDelete