Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Class Sample

After several requests about hand quilting I am running some classes in Term 3 to teach the basics on preparing your quilt for hand quilting, deciding on a quilting pattern, marking the design and how to go about stitching it.  I thought I should actually do a sample of what I plan to teach.  I am not a high tech person and I like to use household things to mark my quilting lines like the glass in the photo.  I do have several books of quilting patterns and there are some that I use over and over.  I often use quarter inch tape for straight lines instead of pencil.







 This is a really simple little design that will probably be made into a cushion when finished.  I am really enjoying the process.




I just love the rhythm of hand quilting and can really "zone out" when I get going.

I have also quilted with Perle cotton and love the effect it gives. I am thinking I should include that in the class too.

Happy stitching til next time
Therese


P.S.We had a great day on Sunday at the market, chatting to people and selling some of our goodies.  It is very easy to get attached to things that you have made and it can be a bit sad handing them over but it is comforting to know that they are going to a good home with a fellow craft lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment